- Clinical Fellowship in Colorectal Surgery, 2016 – 2017 (VHUH - Vall d’Hebron University Hospital) Barcelona, Spain
- General Surgery Diploma - 2013 (AUBMC - American University of Beirut Medical Center) Lebanon
- Masters in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, 2008 (AUB - American University of Beirut) Lebanon
- Doctor of Medicine, 2007 (AUB - American University of Beirut). Lebanon
General Surgeon, Multiple Specialty, Bariatric Surgeon (Obesity Surgeon), Oncologist (Cancer Doctor), General Surgeon
- Fellow in European Society of Coloproctology. Vall d'Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
- Consultant General Surgeon - Saudi Council of Health Specialists
- Member of American College of Surgeons
- Lebanese Society of General Surgery
- Bahman University Hospital
- Rafic Hariri University Hospital
- Central Military Hospital
- Khoury Hospital - BMG
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Colon & Rectal Surgery / Laparoscopic and Transanal (TaTME)
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Digestive Cancer Surgery
- Transanal Minimally Invasive Surgery (TAMIS)
- Pelvic Floor Surgery (Prolapse, Incontinence)
- Endocrine Surgery (Thyroid, Parathyroid, Adrenal)
- Breast Cancer Surgery
- Proctology (Hemorrhoids, Anal Fissure, Abscess, Fistula)
- Others (Gall bladder, Appendix, Hernia and Abdominal Wall)
Research & Clinical Interest
● Laparoscopic antral resection with Billroth I reconstruction for a gastric glomus tumor.
Halawani HM, Rida K. Int J Surg Case Rep. 2014 Nov 13;5(12):1128-1131.
● Phenotype-Genotype Correlation in Wilson Disease in a Large Lebanese Family: Association of
c.2299insC with Hepatic and of p. Ala1003Thr with Neurologic Phenotype.
Usta J, Rida K. PLoS One. 2014 Nov 12;9(11):e109727.
● Complex rectal and anal canal injuries secondary to unusual blunt perineal trauma.
El Lakis MA, Rida K, Nakhle R, Abi Saad G. BMJ Case Rep. 2014 Oct 28;2014.
● A giant rectal villous adenoma with a malicious intent.
Aboul Hosn M, Rida K, Mukherji D, O'Reilly EM, Garcia-Aguilar J, Abou-Alfa GK. Gastrointest
Cancer Res. 2013 Sep;6(5-6):144-9.
● Homozygous mutations in the conserved ATP hinge region of the Wilson disease gene: association
with liver disease.
Barada K, Rida K, El-Hajjar J, Mahfoud Z, Usta J. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2010 Jul;44(6):432-9.
● Two Lebanese Wilsonian Families: Genotype-Phenotype Correlation.
Rida K, Usta J. Poster Presentation. Research day, American University of Beirut, Beirut - Lebanon,
- Left flank pain during pregnancy with an unpredictable etiology: think of nonhemorrhagic adrenal infarction. Jerbaka M, Rida K. Future Science OA. 2021 May
- TaTME Registry: Data Entry of 40 TaTME procedures done in VHUH
- VAC vs No VAC in closure of perineal wounds in Abdominoperineal resection: Single center, prospective Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Ligasure vs THD (Transanal Haemorrhoidal Dearterialization) in treatment of Haemorrhoids: Single center, prospective Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Member of CRSA (Clinical Robotic Surgery Association) 2016
- Member of ACS (American College of Surgeons) 2011
- Member of NGO “SAID” (Colorectal Cancer Awareness) 2017
- Member of ESCP (European Society of COLOPROCTOLOGY) 2017 - current
- Member of SAGES (Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons)
- Lebanese Society of General Surgery 2017
Achievement & Recognition
- International Masterclass on Proctology and Pelvic Floor Diseases, Proctology And Pelvic Floor Clinical Center, Pisa, Italy. June 2019
- Advanced Bariatric Surgery, Clinique de l’Angou, Angers, France. May 2019
- Colorectal Masterclass, Medtronic Innovative Center, Istanbul, Turkey. May 2018
- Transanal Minimally Invasive Surgery (TAMIS) Course, Applied Medical, Barcelona, Spain. June 2017
- Transanal Hemorrhoidal Dearterialization (THD) Course, Hospital Universitario de Bellvitge, Barcelona, Spain. May 2017
- Gatekeeper and Sphinkeeper Faecal Incontinence Course, Hospital Universitario de Bellvitge, Barcelona, Spain. May 2017
- FLS - Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery Chicago, USA. Oct 2012