Data Security is our number one priority. At TrakMD, rest assured your data is 100 % secured. TrakMD is HIPAA compliant by default. Communication between your computer and TrakMD is encrypted and secured with a global Certificate Authority (CA). Your data are hosted on a secure, controlled, and robust Amazon cloud server that are regularly backed up.
Our many security features include but not limited to the following:
As there is an online exchange of private information between healthcare providers and their patients, we assure our compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). TrakMD applies security and privacy policies that comply with HIPAA standards, such as:
- -Data Encryption
- -System-user identifiers, such as logins and passwords
- -Multiple user access levels
- -High-end physical server security
- -Data backups
- -Strong privacy policies (check Privacy Section for more information)
- -Timed log outs.
On the operational procedures end, TrakMD implements strict internal policies regarding patient and customer information.
Secure Server Hosting
- - Managed firewall protection: our solution sits behind a fully managed firewall. This firewall analyses data entering and existing our network, providing a protective barrier against most forms of attacks.
- -Web application firewall: Ensures our data and applications are protected by preventing suspicious activity, providing comprehensive security. A powerful Web Application Firewall (WAF) protects our data from hackers as they try to exploit weaknesses in the application code. These targeted attacks are disguised as genuine requests made to forms on our site - to a traditional firewall or Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention System they will appear authentic and so allow them to proceed; making them either unable to guard against these attacks or unable to offer comprehensive protection. Once these requests get through to the application, the hacker can send a special request through our website form that will in turn release sensitive data stored on our database. A WAF proactively protects the application layer against attempted fraud or data theft; blocking any suspicious activity. Inspecting every web request for cross-site scripting, SQL injection, path traversal and 400+ other types of attack, this protective layer ensures that our data remains secure.
- -Security Audits: Also known as a vulnerability scan, a security audit is critical to successfully protect our solution from online threats, acting as a preventative measure to reduce the risk of malicious cyber-attacks. Comprehensively examining the integrity of our network solutions to minimize any risk of downtime, the vulnerability scans employ a powerful in-depth scanning tool to examine ports, processes, firewall policies and software updates to provide us with a complete security overview of the solution. This examination produces a detailed report which will include an assessment of the vulnerabilities on our system, its threat level and how much of a risk is posed.
- -DDoS Protection: DDoS work by flooding our server and firewall with hundreds of thousands of fake requests and this continues to the point where the server fails to cope with the sheer volume of requests, leading to downtime. Our host server’s anti-DDoS solution, sitting in front of the firewall and servers at the mitigation layer, detects and prevents even the most sophisticated of DDoS attacks. Filtering out bad traffic so that our server only receives genuine traffic, meaning it's business as usual even in the event of an attack.
- -Application and service failures, which affect application software and essential services.
- -System and hardware failures, which affect hardware components such as CPUs, drives, memory, network adapters, and power supplies.
- -Site failures, which can be caused by natural disasters, power outages, or connectivity outages. It also ensures:
- -High availability: The ability to provide end users with access to a service for a high percentage of time while reducing unscheduled outages.
- -High reliability: The ability to reduce the frequency of system failure.
SSL Technology Encryption:
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is a standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a server and a client. SSL allows sensitive information such as credit card numbers, social security numbers, and login credentials to be transmitted securely. Normally, data sent between browsers and web servers is sent in plain text, leaving you vulnerable to eavesdropping. If an attacker is able to intercept all data being sent between a browser and a web server, they can see and use that information.
TrakMD is hosted on a SHA-2 compatible server and secured by a global SSL Certificate Authority (CA).
Frequent Data Backup:
TrakMD automatically generates a copy of its database on a periodic basis, ensuring that all the most current information is available if needed to be restored.
TrakMD’s host server relies on clustered servers which are a group of computers working together to provide higher availability, reliability, and scalability than can be obtained by using a single system. When failure occurs in a cluster, resources are redirected and the workload is redistributed. Our Clustered Servers provide us with protection against:
TrakMD controls the level of privilege given to different kinds of users to access or modify any data systems. We employ a very secure and rigid protocol that prevents any breach of access boundaries. We abide by HIPAA rules regarding users’ roles and access to protected health information.
Two-Factor authentication is additional layer of security in TrakMD to ensure that you are the only person who can access your data. When you sign up for the first time, you will need to provide not only your password but also a verification code that can be automatically sent to your trusted device.