- Delivering state of the art latest practice in the field of Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Priority is attitude and commitment towards patient care and safety.
Licence to practice:
- Lebanese Medical Order, Beirut, Lebanon
(Ref No. W 124).
- General Medical Council, United Kingdom
(Ref No. 7307856).
- Started practicing in Lebanon in July 2015.
- European Board of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (EBOPRAS).
- Holder of the Swiss Senology Diploma.
- Attending Plastic Surgeon, St George Hospital University Medical Center (SGUMC), Beirut, Lebanon.
Face, Breast, Abdomen, Body, Intimated Surgery, Migraine Surgery.
Botox, Fillers, Threads, Platelet Enriched Plasma (PRP), Lipofilling (fat transfer).
- 3D similation (Dr. Watfa uses high-end innovative technologies to provide you with a simulation of your procedure result).
Research & Clinical Interest
- Six weeks (June-July 2008) of training and participation in research at the Department of Human Morphology, Faculty of Medicine, American University of Beirut, (Dr. Abdo R. Jurjus), Beirut, Lebanon. Work included:
- Light microscopy biopsy processing and staining;
- Immunofluorescence on skin and intestinal sections;
- Western blot and PCR’s for cytokines and tissue proteins;
- Wound healing dynamics in rabbits;
- Ulcerative colitis induction and characterization in rats.
- Prepared a manuscript on “Silicosis in Lebanon: preliminary data” to assess the health of exposed workers to silica dust and to estimate the burden of silicosis, an occupationally related disease which is still not widely recognized in the country (2008).
- Member of the General Medical Council (with the rights to practice in the UK).
- Lebanese Order of Physicians and the Lebanese Society of Plastic, Reconstructive, & Aesthetic Surgery.
Achievement & Recognition
- Abdallah Hajj Hussein I, Dali Balta N, Jurjus RA, Watfa W, Georges A, Atiyeh B, Pullar C, Leone A, Jurjus AR. Rat Model of Burn Wound Healing: Effect of Botox. J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2012 26(3): 389-400.
-Watfa W, diSumma P.G, Raffoul W. Bipolar Latissimus Dorsi Transfer through a Single Incision: First Key-Step in Poland Syndrome Chest Deformity. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open. 2016 15;4(8):e847.
- Jafari P, Thomas A, Haselbach D, Watfa W, Pantet O, Michett M, Raffoul W, Applegate L-A, Augsburger M, Berger MM. Trace Element Intakes should be revised in burn nutritional protocols : A Cohort Study. Clin Nutr. 2017 Apr 4. pii: S0261-5614(17)30119-X. doi: 10.1016/j.clnu.2017.03.028.
- Watfa W, diSumma P.G, Meuli J, Raffoul W, Bauqis O. Matriderm decreases donor site morbidity after Radial Forearm Free Flap harvesting in Transgender surgery. J Sex Med 2017. doi: 10.1016/j.jsxm.2017.08.003 [Epub ahead of print].
-Abi Nader H, Watfa W. Why be a Refugee Camp Doctor: the Challenges, Rewards and Medical Education Aspects and rewards. Int J Med Educ 2017. 8:285-287. doi: 10.5116/ijme.5985.c959.
- Abboud L, Watfa W, diSumma P.G, Raffoul W. An Original and Simple Autoaugmentation Mastopexy in Mild to Moderate Breast Ptosis: Superior Pedicle Frontal Division to Achieve Upper Pole Fullness. Gland Surg 2017. doi: 10.21037/gs.2017.08.01.
Arabic, English, French
- Mobile: 81 818114.
- STRASSCO Clinic : 01 875534.